Last updated on June 4, 2014
People use their home as their investment. They build homes such as in murano portofino and sell it to other people to have a budget in building up a new home. It is very sad on their part if they will sell their houses after so many years of spending their lives in them. But some Americans even sell their homes within two weeks. If you plan to sell your home, there are still some considerations that must prevail because, it will be a two way process, the transaction will be between you and your buyer. Here are some of the tested home selling tips that will serve as your guide.
Home selling tip #1: Prepare your home before putting up a “for sale” sign.
Attract buyers and sell your own home with low cost cosmetic steps. Cut the grass, clean up the outside, paint drab walls and remove inside clutter. Because most people buy homes that appear clean, solid and well maintained.
Home selling tip #2: Set your price right and sell your own home fast.
Find the true value of your home by comparing it to similar homes recently sold in your neighborhood.
Home selling tip #3: Good advertising sells homes.
In any kind of product, a quality advertisement helps a lot in grabbing buyers’ attention. New low cost web sites will put multiple pictures of your house on the Internet.
Home selling tip #4: Sell your own home with an open house.
Kick off your home selling campaign with an open house. Invite all the neighbors for blocks around your house. Show them your home’s best points and tell them your price. This is because neighbors will serve as best promoters when it comes to their relatives, friends and other people related to them.
Now, here are also some home selling tips for negotiating with buyers.
• Always make a counter offer when selling your own home. The buyer who offers less than your asking price can be encouraged to pay more or agree to other terms like accepting the house without repairs.
• The home selling process differs from state to state, but there are some important steps that most home sellers should take before listing a house with an agent or selling it for sale by owner. Every bit of prep work you do helps you get the most return from your investment.
• To secure your investments, get pre approved for a home loan. This is to help you avoid ending up renting a house after you sold yours.
• Check your mortgage payoff.
• Determine how much your house is worth. It is a task on your part to determine your home’s fair market value; you can seek for the help of a real estate agent.
• Estimate your costs to sell. Real estate agents deal with transactions every day and can give you a very close estimate of seller closing costs.
• Estimate costs to buy a new home. Calculate moving expenses, loan costs, down payment, home inspections, title work and title policy, paying for a new hazard insurance policy — all expenses related to buying a home. Your lender should give you a disclosure of estimated costs when you apply for loan pre-approval.
• Calculate your estimated proceeds. It is necessary for you to estimate the proceeds of your money for you to assess the needed changes if any to the price that your going to sell your house.
• Make necessary repairs. Buyers are very particular with the quality of the products. Particularly when it comes to the home that they are going to purchase, because it is where they will spend their everyday life. Meticulous customers must also be taken into consideration. Usually, first impression lasts for these kinds of people, so on the first time they will enter your home, everything must be fixed properly.
• Get the house ready to show. After all the preparations you made. This is no the exact time when a buyer will be visiting your home so be ready for all their possible critics if ever.
• Get psyched up to let people in. Make the house accessible. That means it should always be ready to show. Many agents won’t bother showing a house that takes 24 hours to get into.